Tuesday, April 28

Hooray for McKay's!

I think one of the best parts of living in Knoxville has GOT to be McKay Used Books and CDs. I can shop there for free! I actually don't remember the last time I spent money in there. I always have credit from selling books, movies, or CDs and am pretty good about keeping my purchases under the amount I have in credit. My mom even brings books from Illinois everytime she comes and trades them in there! Anyway, as with any used book store, you don't always find what you're loking for, but the hunt is always part of the fun for me. Plus, it makes it that much more special when you DO find what you're looking for. Today I went in looking for movies for Kate. We're going to Florida next month and I thought I'd start looking for some new movies now. I found three movies for her that I've been looking for for a while. I thought I might have to pay a little but I ended up coming under my credit amount by $2! I found the cheap version of the Tinkerbell movie (You know how they add extra features to movies and charge $10 more? I hate that! What 3-year-old cares about the extra features?), the Curious George movie, and the Leap Frog Storybook Factory to follow up Kate's beloved Letter Factory. They're in a bag in my closet waiting for their debut on our long car ride. I don't know why I'm so excited about this but sadly I think it made my day. Making my kid happy and doing it for a bargain - does it get any better?

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

I agree, McKays is a definite perk of living here! My kids LOVE the bonus features. It's the first thing they ask when a movie is over, "Does this one have any bonus features?" We've been watching some of my old VHS movies and they even ask at the end of those, unaware that there was ever a day when bonus features didn't exist.

angela said...

I guess the thing about the bonus features is that Kate isn't really all that into movies. By the time she's watched an entire movie, she's not up to sitting any longer for bonus features (unless we're in the car). They usually get watched in a separate sitting, and most of the time she says they're boring.

Anonymous said...

Angela, what a wonderful statement about you that you are so excited about doing this for your kids...you are a great Mom and I know that you are doing all you know to do to promote learning and positive life experiences for them. YEA!!! for Mom...
I love you.
Carmen

Deb Coley said...

Bonus Features. Were those the sports ones we watched in the car? The ones Kate was "glued to"? Who would have thunk?