Monday, October 29

Fall Break with My Girl

Last week was fall break for Knox County schools, so there was no Mother's Day Out. This isn't really a big deal as Kate only goes 2 days a week and only for about 5 hours, but it makes a difference to both of us and I was a little worried that she'd go stir crazy and/or I'd be exhausted. But, we ended up having a pretty good week. Monday was cold and rainy and we just ended up hanging around the house all morning, playing with toys and watching a little TV (I won't go into the harried trip to Target that afternoon, but let's just say Kate is definitely more of a morning person... even after a nap). Tuesday I decided we'd brave the mall. I knew the play area would be crowded, but sheesh! There was hardly an open spot on the parents' bench! Kate played for a while and then we decided we'd rather walk around, so we did that and then had some lunch at the food court and a little ice cream for a treat before heading home. Wednesday we had a really fun play date at Micah and Josiah's house. The kids played and played and the moms got to talk. Josiah is four, Micah and Kate are four months apart and Rebekah and I both have babies on the way who will also be four months apart - yeah! Thursday was a gorgeous fall day and Kate decided we should go to the playground, so we headed to the park and then to McDonald's for cheeseburgers. Friday, Micah and Josiah came over to our house to play while I went to the doctor (everything's great, we'll have another ultrasound Nov. 6 with about 4 weeks remaining). At the end of the week, Kate was glad to have her daddy back after all of his travels. I could really tell she had missed him. They have lots of fun together. And, on top of it all, Kate's using the potty nearly all the time (at least at home, but even a lot of the time when we're out). Lots of fun, but not too tiring. It was a good week. I really tried to enjoy my time alone with Kate, as we don't have too much more time before the baby comes, and it's going to be a difficult adjustment. She's such a special and fun little girl and I'm so lucky to get to spend my time with her.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I'm glad you all enjoyed fall break as much as we did. It was so great to have some time with just the kids! And I've got to tell you...in that pic that you posted, because of the way you are sitting, you can't even tell that you're pregnant. You've got to teach me that trick! :)