Thursday, October 25

Missing My Family

This is a guest post by James. I have been traveling the last two weeks and over three trips have been home a total of four days over the past eleven. In that time I have seen both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans and been in the Atlanta area five times (four times in the airport and once by car). This time away from Angela and Kate has made me appreciate my family all more and has given me time to reflect on the impending addition to our family. It is amazing the little differences I see in Kate after just being away from her for three or four days. It is also amazing for me to see how Angela holds everything together while I am away. She is a great mom. Thanks also to Debbie who came to help her while I was gone most of last week. That was a life saver. My traveling should be coming to an end as we get closer to the early December due date of baby ??? (we really need to come up with a name), but even though I missed my family terribly these last few weeks, I am thankful for them and the time I had to reflect on their absence and the joy we are in for with our new arrival. Absence does make the heart grow fonder, but it also makes time drag when you can't wait to get home.

No comments: